Bill Barnett

Independent Candidate for the South West region in the European Parliamentary Elections 2009

Friday 1 May 2009

Back in the saddle again......

As friends and supporters will be aware, I narrowly missed out on being in the top 6 in the South West when the primary text vote closed last Friday. I've now been advised by Jury Team that one of the 6 has since pulled out, and as 7th place candidate, I have therefore moved onto the list for the European Parliamentary election - I am therefore pleased to formally launch my election campaign.

Between now and June 4th, I need your support - together we can break the stranglehold that the political parties have over the democratic system. By voting for an independent, you can send the message that the party is over, and that you reject the current system of self and party interest taking precedence over the interests of the people.

Make sure you are registered to vote - this can be done by going to the Electoral Commission website completing a short form and returning it to your local registration office by 19th May.

As well as your vote, I would welcome your support in other ways - this could be as easy as spreading the word among your friends and family, and asking them to support me.

Another way you can help is by donating to my campaign. Donations can be made securely online by PayPal, and all donations will be used exclusively to further the campaign. As part of my commitment to transparency, full income and expenditure accounts will be published on this website. If you don't feel that you can support me as a candidate, but still want to support the concept of encouraging independents then please consider making a donation to the Jury Team.

I'm excited and enthusiastic about the next few weeks - if just 1 independent candidate gets elected, a shock-wave will go through the political system....If a number of independents get elected, the upheaval will be of seismic proportions. Working together we can achieve this......

No comments:

Post a Comment